Monday, January 16, 2012

LALA ANTHONY: CELEBRITY LOOK FOR LESS!

Okay, so I was browsing a magazine and came across an image of Lala Anthony in LaQuan Smith's LQS Eclipse Collection. I recreated the ensemble with $6 scissors, needle and thread. I SEARCHED FOR OVER AN HOUR in the thrift store for a houndstooth top. I used to see tops with this pattern ALL THE TIME! As soon as I'm "SPECIFICALLY" looking for one, there's not ONE in sight! lol. The closest I could find was a striped, lycra top ($2.29). I lucked up and found a long Scott McClintock satin formal skirt ($3.29). Originally, it was long with an even longer train. I started by cutting a little of the top because it was hip length. I hemmed it, and started on the skirt next. The skirt, I cut in the shape of an upside down "U". Cutting it this way allowed the hem to fall at graduated lengths. I added my own shoes (from Payless, $11) and my own patent leather belt ($1). To view lookbook or shop LQS...visit his site,

              HERE'S LALA ANTHONY'S LQS ENSEMBLE:

                                       Lala's LQS CONSTELLATION SKIRT is $495 ALONE!

          HERE IS MY VERSION OF LALA ANTHONY'S OUTFIT


                         MY TOTAL FOR EVERYTHING $17.58 *SHOES AND BELT INCLUDED* !!

1 comment: